Why Get Awnings in Lowes for your Home Window Treatment
Why Get Awnings in Lowes for your Home Window Treatment?
Most home improvement experts are quick to recommend the addition of awnings to anyone looking to improve the comfort and aesthetic value of their home. Window awnings for homes enable people to enjoy outdoor spaces such as a terrace or patio with the added benefit of ample protection against the harsh elements.
The following are some of the important advantages:
- adds aesthetic value to your home as awnings are available in striking designs and colours
- Helps safeguard your skin from harmful UV rays and keeps indoor spaces cool
- Protects furnishings from heat and moisture which can lead to fading and deterioration.
- Affordable way to quickly makeover your home exterior, saving you appreciable time and money.
Tips for setting up canvas or aluminium window awnings
Of course, the benefits mentioned above are only valid if awnings are chosen and installed correctly. Regardless of whether you are installing canvas or metal window awnings yourself or hiring a contractor for the job, you would do well to check on the following:
- Make sure the canopies are slanted at an angle of at least 45 degrees to direct rainwater away from doors and windows.
- Check that awnings are firmly attached to the wall studs. Keep in mind that merely attaching the canopy with the sliding will not add to its durability.
- Invest in a sturdy pillar to hold up your awnings especially if you reside in an area prone to significant snowfall during winter. The awning needs to be able to support not only its weight but also the amount of snow that may accumulate on top of it during winter.
- Double check the dimensions to ensure that awnings fit your doors or windows perfectly. If in doubt, take advantage of the fact that most reputable businesses selling awnings online offer a free quote and will help you make the necessary measurements.
So there you have it — a few perfectly good reasons to get window awnings for your home and what you need to know about getting them installed. While they are one of the simplest improvements that you can add to your humble abode, the advantages as a door or window treatment are considerable and will serve you well for years to come.
Are you looking to get started with some of the best deals online for a door or window canopy in Sydney and Lowes? Phone us today on 1300 853 206 and find what you need here at “Shutters Australia.” Choose from our selection of quality window awnings and have them delivered right to your doorstep.