A retractable awning is a roofing structure that provides shading, shelter, and protection from the sun and other external elements. The most common materials used in the construction of retractable awnings are canvas fabrics, fiberglass, PVC and aluminum just to name a few. As retractable awnings are designed for outdoor spaces, the materials used in their construction are typically durable and do not get easily damaged by inclement weather.
By nature, retractable awnings have the following characteristics:
- As the name implies, these roofing structures have the ability to be folded when not in use.
- Retractable awnings come in a variety of slope forms, which allows for ample protection from sunlight, rain, wind, hail, and other external weather conditions.
- The fabrics used in outdoor awnings are usually water-repellent and resist the growth of mould and mildew.
- In terms of aesthetics, awnings come in a variety of shapes, angles and colours to match the style of your home’s exterior architecture.
Benefits of Retractable Awnings in Sydney
- It delivers protection from the elements and enhances comfort among its users.
- When folded out, retractable awnings help in lowering energy bills as they effectively bring down room temperatures, thus reducing the use of air conditioning systems.
- For those with allergies, having retractable awnings can help reduce allergy attacks from external factors such as pollen, dust, and dirt.
How much do retractable awnings cost?
Retractable awning prices will depend on the quality of materials, fabrics and the size you choose for your outdoor living space. In addition, the mechanism will also determine the final cost of purchase and installation. For instance, manual crank systems are cheaper than motorized retractable awnings. In some cases, motorized awnings may cost $400 more than standard ones. Although a little expensive, motorized awnings are easy to operate are made from high-quality materials and offer superior durability.
Contact us if you wish to request for a quote for retractable awnings. You may reach us on 02 8858 0900 today.