If you’re planning to install awnings at home, it’s important to have ample knowledge on how to take good care of them. Buying timber window awnings or colorbond window awnings is an investment and thus these window treatments should be well taken care of to ensure that you can use them for many years to come. In this article, we will teach you the different methods of taking care of window awnings and door awnings for homes.
Care and Maintenance Pointers for Timber Window Awnings
Timber window awnings and door awnings require regular and continuous upkeep to maintain excellent aesthetics and functionality. If you live in the suburbs, it is recommended to perform a thorough cleaning of timber awnings every six months. On the other hand, if you live in the city or along the coast, general cleaning is advised every three months.
Here are some cleaning tips for timber window and door awnings:
- In the case of spillage of cement, soil, or mud, it’s best to rinse them down immediately to avoid permanent damage and staining.
- Wipe the surface of door awnings with a damp cloth and mild detergent. Use a clean cloth to dry off surfaces.
- If you want to ensure longevity of your timber window awnings and door awnings, professionals recommend layering a paint finish to seal the timber and for added protection.
- For colour painted timber awnings, touch-up and re-coating should be scheduled every six months.
Care and Maintenance Pointers for Colorbond Awnings
Colorbond window awning kits offer a practical and cost-effective solution to provide shade and protect your patio from rain, shine, and wind. It looks more rugged than traditional awnings that are made from canvas or other delicate material, but ensures a lifetime of use when cared for properly. Here are some maintenance tips for Colorbond window awnings:
- Get rid of all surface contaminants using a broom. If the Colorbond awnings cover a small area, you may also use a damp cloth or a mop to remove all dirt and dust.
- You may need to repaint or layer fresh paint every six months to ensure that colour doesn’t fade over time.
Call us on 02 8858 0900 if you would like to enquire about windows awnings for your home. Click here to check out the other window treatments that we offer.