If you are planning to invest in window coverings, it is highly likely that your choice has narrowed down between blinds and shutters. Both are great window treatments, but of course, the two have certain aspects that make them better for certain situations.
To help you in the decision-making process, we have enumerated a list of the most important features of both types of window treatments that you should be aware of. Learning about these facts will make it easier for you to figure out which specific type to get for your home.
Blinds – What They Are Good for and Other Facts
If you want to adjust and control the amount of light entering a room in your home, then blinds are a great choice. The slats are adjustable, which means that you have the option to either let sunlight in or block it out.
Blinds are also clean-looking and aesthetically-appealing window treatments. You probably know that the most inexpensive blinds are those made from vinyl. Other materials used for blinds are aluminum, textured vinyl or faux wood, and real wood.
Whenever you shop for blinds, make sure to consider the following:
- Blinds that come with wider horizontal slats have the power to create the illusion of larger windows. They can make it seem like a room has more space, which is perfect for smaller rooms and apartments.
- Vertical blinds are best for windows which are wider than they are taller. If you have picture windows that offer you sweeping views, these are a good option.
Pros: The slats of blinds being adjustable, do not require you to just put them at half-mast for light to penetrate the room. These are great choices for bedrooms and bathrooms as they provide both privacy and light control.
Plantation Shutters– What They Are Good for and Other Facts about Them
If extreme style and versatility are two components you are looking for in window treatments, then plantation shutters may be a better option for you. You can create a plethora of varying moods and looks with them. Some of the most commonly purchased plantation shutters are the following:
- Wooden shutters, including those made from bamboo, can provide a more natural-looking coverage. They are great for breakfast nooks as well as garden rooms.
- PVC plantation shutters are good options for bathrooms, bedrooms, and guest rooms since they offer greater privacy and are easy to clean, too!
- Wooden plantation shutters can enhance the overall appearance of dining rooms, family rooms, and living rooms since they add a more elegant touch.
- Outdoor aluminum shutters are perfect for keeping the heat in during the cold season and away during the winter season.
Pros: Plantation shutters are very versatile and offer a softer, warmer feel compared to roman blinds.
Check out our best-selling blinds and shutters here. To request a quote, call our direct line on 02 9958 0900 today.