Window shutters have been around for many years and remain just as popular today. In the olden days, window shutters not only provided shelter from the elements but wereknown to stop an arrow or two and even an occasional visit from wild animals.
Today, shutters made in Australia are still popular, both as exterior and interior window treatment. Although people do not primarily buy them to safeguard their home from intruders they still afford decent protection for homes along with some advantages.
What exactly are these benefits?
Advantages of Australian-made Interior Window Shutters
Interior window shutters are gaining appeal over regular blinds and drapes that used to be trendy in many houses. Interior window shutters are incredibly more versatile.
Here are three important benefits:
- Improved Energy Efficiency – window shutters keep the house warmer in winter and cooler in the summertime. Hence getting window shutters in Sydney can translate to lower energy costs which means more money in your pocket. Who would not want that?
- Keeps furniture From fading – SInce you can manage the amount of light that enters indoor areas of the house, you are able to protect your furnishings and carpets from harmful ultraviolet rays. Hence you can prevent premature fading and ensure your furniture looks new for much longer.
- Easy to keep clean – timber window shutters are one of the simplest window treatments to maintain. All you have to do is dust them regularly and clean them with a moist cloth.
What about exterior window shutters?
Adding external window shutters can give your home a facelift and make it look more appealing and interesting. In many cases, such an addition can even boost the real estate value of your home. Nevertheless, these shutters provide more than just aesthetic appeal.
Here are a few of the benefits of exterior shutters
- Shields windows from damage – window shutters can safeguard your windows from extreme climatic conditions like hail and strong winds that may otherwise split or break glass windows.
- Boosts Privacy – Your home is your refuge and having exterior window shutters can protect your privacy. The majority of closed shutters are made of solid material, and can keep individuals from peeking into your home.
- Discourage intruders – It may not seem like external shutters offer any security for your home, they actually can prevent burglaries. Most thieves will not bother trying to break into a home protected by sturdy window shutters (especially aluminium ones) as it will take time which increases the risk of getting caught.
Both interior and exterior shutters can be custom made to fit any window. They are easy to preserve and clean. They also last for many years without a need for replacement. Wooden shutters are the most popular, although you can buy them today in a variety of materials such as metal, ABS and composite resin.
Window Shutters can affect the appearance and feel of your house so you would do well to choose carefully. Let our experts here at “Shutters Australia” help you do just that. Call us today on 1300 853 206.